Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Monday Easter 6 - Psalm 103

Psalm 103 has been one of my favorites for going on 11 years now, after I taught it in a Bible class in Delano, California - a place where you can see the east and the west on a clear day since it is between two mountain ranges in the great San Joaquin Valley. Here in Southern Illinois is pretty flat, though our section starts to get a little hilly. But only a little.

What do I like about the Psalm? It's emphasis on our Lord's care of both body and soul, His healing of physical and spiritual infirmities - like Isaiah 53 and Matthew 9.

This Psalm served well yesterday as I went to a hospitalized member (nothing too serious), and then the nurses asked me to come pray with the family of a dying man whose priest was in a meeting many miles away at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment