Monday, April 9, 2012

The Sober Peasant: Easter Monday Morning Thoughts

I've been very busy with funerals and extra services in the past few weeks.  As my brain takes a sabbath from thinking and writing theologically, my friend, Rev. James Douthwaite, has an excellent final paragraph to his post today:

Now, back to the grind. But leave Easter behind? No. How could we? That will be my sermon for Wednesday Evening Prayer. The apostles went back to fishing, but they did not leave Easter behind. Everything was changed. Peter's reaction is the witness to that. Come listen if you're in town! But so too for me. Back to school work, reading, writing, papers, languages, questions, struggles. But not the same. Never the same. One never leaves Holy Week the same way you enter. The Word of the Lord does its work. Thanks be to God.


You can read the rest of his post here - The Sober Peasant: Easter Monday Morning Thoughts:

No comments:

Post a Comment