Thursday, September 23, 2010

September 23 - Psalm 51, Nehemiah 9 and 1 Timothy 5:17-6:2

I have to confess that reading the 1 Timothy 5 passage left me quite low as I considered all the thing Paul urges us to do that I find myself failing at.  Inspired by the Nehemiah 9 passage (notice the cycle of "You God, did this, YET Your people went the wrong way...") and the Psalm 51 passage, I knew confession of sin to be the necessary path - yet was finding myself just going down further.  Left to myself, I don't know where I would have ended up.
But God has not left us to ourselves.  I was glad to have the Prayer for Thursday in the back of TDP - confessing my sin, our sin, as we see the vineyard God has planted trampled, and then, through that prayer joy in salvation is restored as we trust in the Lord for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment