Monday, July 20, 2009

July 20 - Elijah and what others are saying

Aardvark Alley has this bio on Elijah from a few years back.

Back in college, I was fed by Pastor Cwirla's preaching on Elijah (I was attending with a friend who was a member at Hacienda Heights). From Elijah's thinking that he was the only one left (but there were the 7000 that God said He had reserved who had not bowed down to Baal), Pr. Cwirla made the point that there are no soloists in the symphony of God. If only I could remember more sermons as well (and if only I could help others remember the good points of my sermons better.)

A friend is facing a similar struggle as what Elijah faced in 1 Kings 19. Please remember him in your prayers.

Another friend, Pastor Stuckwisch, reminds us where he finds encouragement (and where you and I might find it as well) in this post from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment