Saturday, September 3, 2011

September 2 - Ephesians 2 and Ephesians in general

An early Christian ichthys symbol carved into ...From some ruins of Ephesus, Image via Wikipedia
been busy with other stuff, good and bad... and ashamed to say haven't been keeping up on my own devotion schedule that I would like.  On the other hand, I have put into practice "a little is better than nothing" and grabbed a quick read of TDP's Psalm for the day on the way out the door.  Amazing how that little bit can sometimes be like hitting the reset button on your brain.

Anyway, Ephesians 2 contains so much mystery upon mystery and grace upon grace, but I want to focus in upon one in particular - that Christ "came and preached peace to you".  But when did He do that?  We have no record of the Ephesians having traveled to Galilee during the life of Jesus, nor of Jesus traveling anwhere near Ephesus.  Ah, but in the great mystery of the One who says to His preachers, "He who hears you, hears Me" and to His hearers, "Whatever you have done to the least of these brothers of Mine, you have done to Me" Jesus did in fact go - in person and in the persons of His servants - to deliver peace personally to Ephesian Christians.  And this day, when my heart is anxious and troubled by many things, that same Christ came and preached this peace to me in the words Paul wrote down.  And now, in the bits and bytes displayed as words on your computer monitor, Christ is with you, saying, "Peace."

I wrote some other stuff about Ephesians 2 last year here.  I'll add that this year Issues, etc 24 had Rev. William Weedon on for 2 hours about Ephesians - and listen for my question about Ephesians being a treatise on the ascension of Christ!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment