Thursday, March 25, 2010

Praying before

One of the things I really appreciate about the Pastoral Care Companion is how it has reminded me to pray before various pastoral acts such as shut-in visits, funerals, etc, even as the hymnal has reminded me to pray before worship and communion.
Yesterday the Sober Peasant had a link to the blog of a conservative Roman Catholic priest and Latin scholar. While poking around on that blog, I found a prayer for use before connecting to the internet that the priest wrote in Latin (with his translation into English, plus translations in a bunch of other languages). Apparently he's seen it all over the Internet, both with and without attribution.
Because he is true to his theology and invokes a saint (Isidore), I can't in good conscience reproduce it here - though I did pray it this morning, minus the invocation of the saint, of course. If you want to see it for yourself, I've given enough info for you to find it (with or without Google.)

No comments:

Post a Comment