Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tuesday in Lent 2 - Mark 6:35-56

Lord, “you sowed in me the seed of Your grace so it may grow to become a harvest of kindness towards others. You have committed to me great wealth in earthly possession so I have the means to do good to my fellow servants. Streams of material blessings flow to me from You, the Font of all good things. Whatever I am, whatever I have, whatever I give to others, I confess that all of it comes from Your kindness. For Your boundless mercy, I give You eternal thanks” (Johann Gerhard, Meditations on Divine Mercy, p. 82).

1 comment:

  1. Now why can't I meditate on divine mercy that way? I wonder if it has anything to do with the instant society we live in. Maybe it would make a difference if we had to spend a couple of hours a day managing to walk from here to there.

    ReplyDelete