Thursday, June 10, 2010

June 10 - Psalm 116

Before I got in the car to pray with a couple at the hospital before their c-section, I remembered to open my TDP - and very much enjoyed seeing Psalm 116.  It's one of my favorites anyway, and it's such a treat reading it on my own birthday later this year. 

This particular couple (pictured here, since they serve along with the Weedons as godparents of our Sophia) did not know want to know beforehand if they were having a boy or a girl, so I teased that today's Psalm gave a sign from God - "O LORD, I am your servant; I am your servant, the SON of your maidservant.  You have loosed my bonds" (v. 16).  Sure sounded like a baby boy was about to be loosed from the boundaries of the womb to me!

And I was RIGHT!  8-)
(I know, 50-50 shot and all, but still, isn't that cool?)

O all-Creating Father, we give You thanks for Your great compassion in the healthy delivery of Brian James.  Keep him, his parents and sister, his grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins in Your tender care as You bring him through Baptism to the loving embrace of Your Son, Wisdom incarnate Who was by Your side at the Creation of the World (Proverbs 8).

No comments:

Post a Comment