Saturday, November 20, 2010

November 20 (Anniversary of my Baptism) - Psalmody

StJohnsAshfield StainedGlass Baptism                                                                Image via Wikipedia
O Lord, You have opened to me the gates of righteousness,
so that I may enter and give thanks to you eternally.
My baptism served as Your gateway to my life of righteousness, innocence and holiness with Your Son forever.
I thank You for Your promise to answer my prayers always;
not just to rescue me, but to be my salvation.
Though the builders rejected Christ,
He has become the cornerstone my life, the life the whole Christian Church is built upon.
This is Your doing, O LORD, as You build Your Church upon the confession of faith;
it is marvelous in our eyes.
This is the day that You, O LORD, have made;
   let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Save us, we pray, O LORD!
   O LORD, we pray, give us success!
You blessed me to come to You in Your name - of Father, Son and Holy Spirit!
And not just me, but a great multitude from every nation - so that we may bless You from the house of the LORD.
The LORD is God,
   and You have made Your light, Jesus Christ, to shine upon us and deliver us from the domain of darkness.
Bind the festal sacrifice with cords,
   up to the horns of the altar!
You are my God, and I will give thanks to You;
   You are my God; I will extol You.
 Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;
   for His steadfast love endures forever!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment