Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 14 (not Pentecost Tuesday) - John 15

I was pruning a bush in our front yard a few weeks back, and I noticed a vine precious to me was clinging to this bush.  An observer might wonder why I didn't trim both bushes equally.
And so it is with our Christian life when the Father prunes us, and we wonder why He prunes here and not there, this part of my life and not that, me and not her...  Perhaps it is because a third person needs that bit not cut off for support.
If I prune as I think is best,
though I am barely a novice gardener,
and really do not know what I am doing
and do what I do for my own enjoyment of how it looks to me,
how much more does Our Father prune
as He knows is best?
For He is the omniscient Creator
who always works things together not for His good, but for the good of those who love Him.
The vine that is spoken of in this post - though when pruning was done, the flowers had already gone.  The bush to your left has a matching pair that you can just see to the right, which the clematis has attached itself to, and thus saved the bush from more pruning.

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! So glad I found your site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post!

    Thanks for stopping in and entering the Blog Bash Giveaway on my blog! http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/2011/06/blog-bash-giveaway-hop-over-400-prize.html I appreciate it and am following your blog. xoxo SusieQTpies

    ReplyDelete