Friday, March 20, 2020

March 20, 2020 - Ephesians 2:10 "Prepared Beforehand"

Image may contain: possible text that says 'FOR WE wotkmanship ARE HIS CREATED IN CHRIST JESUSFOR GOOD WORKS WHICH GOD prepared beforehand. THAT WE SHOULD WALK IN THEM. Ephesians 2:10'

I've been thinking a lot about how this week compares to 9/11. Both were times of great uncertainty where we just hoped things would get back to normal. Some things never did. My beloved adopted hometown of Windsor remembers well how easy it was to cross the border on September 10, 2001. It never was that easy again.

On that day, I was some 10 hours away in southern Illinois. I still remember thinking, "They (the seminary) never prepared me for this!!!" Not that I was angry at them - no one was expecting that attack. (The fighter jets that were scrambled to intercept any terrorist controlled planes - they had ZERO armaments on their fighters because they didn't have time to wait for the weapons to be loaded because the military did not expect an airstrike to come from inside USA borders. If the pilots had to bring an airliner down, it would have to be kamikaze.)

Thankfully, God granted me comfort for my anxious thoughts. In fact, while He had never used my professors to address the SPECIFICS of the unimaginable event of terror as 9/11, He had prepared me for being pastor on that day - and for this day.

You might be feeling very overwhelmed right now, both over those things you are responsible for and for those things you have no control over. 
God has prepared you for this time. 
He is with you now. 
He will never leave you, nor forsake you.

And never forget this - that how you handle these days will not earn your salvation. Just two verses before Ephesians 2:10, verse 8 promises, 
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—
and this is not from yourselves, 
it is the gift of God."



No comments:

Post a Comment