Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday of Easter 5 - once more to Genesis

Dr. Wenthe in the Isaiah class mentioned that when the Old Testament talks about Heaven, it speaks in terms of a return to Eden. The reading from Leviticus 26:1-20 contains this language. God says, "I will turn to you and make you fruitful and multiply you... I will make my dwelling among you... And I will walk among you and will be your God, and you shall be my people." Of course, those words are also an apt description of when God became flesh and interacts with His new Israel - see John 1.


O Lord, You have brought us out of the kingdom of the Devil, that we should not be slaves to sin any longer. Forgive us our breaking of Your commandments, lead us not into temptation, and deliver us from our evil to Yourself in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment