Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday of Easter 7

Our Lord annonces a third time (Luke 18:31-33) that He is willing to do what the Rich young ruler was unwilling to do (Luke 18:18-23) - To have a great treasure of people in heaven, the Son of God gave up all that He had and distributed to the poor. "For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich (2 Corinthians 8:9).



Speaking of loving the neighbor in need over other things, Pastor Cwirla has this must read post.





And actually, being the grandson of a man who provided for his family through woodworking (and served our God through this craft too, building things for his church), Cwila's previous post about Sam Maloof is a great one too. (Mom, make sure you and Dad read it.)


This is a chair Grandpa Leistico made (which I think my dad and my godfather/Uncle Mel helped with, my mother-in-law re-upholstered, and my daughter is enjoying in this picture.)






Make sure to take note of Maloof's view on imperfections. The little imperfections of our new table is one of the things I like about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment