Friday, August 20, 2010

August 19 and 2 Samuel 11

I was going to make a snarky comment about the editors of TDP choosing 2 Samuel 11 as the reading for Bill Clinton's birthday - but recent events have reminded me how sad and how serious and how hurtful the desecration of marriage is.  (O Father, deliver A, K, J, L, B, and J from the evils and heartache that have occurred when Your command was ignored not to tear asunder what You joined together.)
And you know, as the saying goes, there but for the grace of God go I down the path of David and Bill.  August 19 of 2000 was the day when the Lord united me to my lovely bride.  And we had a wonderful 10th anniversary yesterday, mostly just running errands with our three youngest.

On positive notes, please take time to read these well written documents by Rebellious Pastor's Wife and by Dr. Louis Brighton (can't find it now, but I will.  It was in Concordia Journal a few years ago) that lift up the holiness of marriage.  You won't be wasting your time!

No comments:

Post a Comment