Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August 24 - 2 Corinthians 2:16

Pastor Mark Willig preached an excellent sermon on being the fragrance from death to death this past year.  Wish I had it so I could share it with you.  If I recall correctly, it had to do with that as we preach - whether Law OR Gospel - we still stink of death to those who refuse to die to sin.
But more than that, I note "Who is sufficient for these things?"  A question that has confronted me much lately as I have seen many of my failings of late.  But that question was soon followed by the Gospel in the Responsory for Apostles (O-73) - I am not sufficient to speak, that is abundantly clear.  But I have also been given the promise that His Word will be given to me by the Spirit of our Father - Matthew 10:19-20.  Awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment